Who will be crowned Lunch Date 2012 Cook Sister
A&S Wholesalers based in Pretoria is a a wholesaler and retailer of all branded consumer electronics. Audio/Visual, Appliances, Car Audio, Photography, Gaming, Cellular , appliances and IT – visit their online shop http://www.answholesalers.co.za or like them on facebook – A&S wholesalers
Lunch Date gift sponsored by Bakers Boutique
Photography and judging by food blogger Saaleha Idrees Bamjee
ps. if there are conflict of interest regarding judging, Saaleha will not judge but will participate in photographing the Lunch Date.
ShootCake was launched with the vision to provide quality promotional photography for home industries based in Gauteng, South Africa.
Searching for Judges
We have judges currently but are looking for 2 more judges from the public to join us on Lunch Date. Judges must be female.
All you have to do is apply and we will randomly choose two people to join us on the lunch date.
First set of Judges must be available on Sunday 25 March 2012 in Ormonde, Johannesburg.
Please only apply if you are available and committed to this date as judges will not be able to cancel last minute.
send your judge application to
if you are a contestant of Lunch date, related to the contestant in anyway i.e friend or family you are not allowed to judge the lunch date.
Past week I was watching a lot of different cooking shows and thought why not have one myself with a family and child friendly angle to it. I remember earlier in the year someone telling me to have a concept similar to one of the cooking shows as well. While flying to CT on Friday night I brainstormed the idea on the plane ride. I contacted a foodie friend to tell her about it on Monday and we were excited about the prospect of this. And this is how lunch date was conceived.
Judges are searching to taste test gourmet family lunch meals with a chilDish twist. Please note as this is our first competition of this kind we are going to go through a huge learning curve so please be patient with us. Things may change. Anyone welcome to enter from anywhere in South Africa or the world. We will see the demand in the different regions and if viable will organise a judge in that region.
At this stage I think we will most probably start with a Gauteng version for 2012 to iron out all the logisitcs and thereafter expand the concept throughout SA after that and hopefully the world.
How it works?
- Apply by filling in form below
- if you are a caterer or provide home cooked meals this is a chance to showcase your food in a big way.
- Panel of judges will choose 8 or 10 of the most unique, creative, wholesome, exotic family lunch menu
- We may decide to put the menus out for the public to choose which menu they would like to see in action.
- Judges will make a lunch date with contestant when suitable in the chosen month.
- Constestant must prepare a gourmet lunch meal with a childish twist on the confirmed date.
- Judges may have special dietary requirements e.g halaal or vegetarian
- No alcohol allowed in any way or form in the meals
- Kid friendly lunch meals must be served as well.
- Photos of food, Recipes and Report Card will be shared with everyone.
- At the end of the cycle of contestants, the public will vote for the best lunch date.
- The top 5 or all contestants, depending on venue, will have a cook off at the end of the year.
- Special Panel of Judges will then decide who the winner is and take in consideration the public vote as well when deciding the final winner
- Main Prize – there is talk about an AirFryer as the main prize
Judging criteria may include the following
- Child friendliness
Prize – Crowned Lunch Date 2012 Champion and hopefully are great sponsored prizes.
Please note logistics etc will be sorted out once we have an interest and will let everyone the way forward as soon as we know. As this is a new initiative things may change and will be learning along the way how to do this..
If you would like to be a sponsor for this competion email us –
Application NOW CLOSED